The following changes have been made on the Minecraft Server (IP: mc.duncsmc.com)
- Now compatible with 1.8 Clients (but no 1.8 features are on yet)
- Market Listings now last 48 hours
- Maximum lottery tickets increased to 10
- Emeralds now available from a Trader at Spawn
- Public Town Teleporting is now free
- Slot Machines added - /warp casino
- Power Level added in chat
- Teleport time reduced to 3 Seconds
- Server hardware upgraded thanks to our wonderful donators!
We know the following doesn't work at the moment:
- Colour changing text at spawn (Shows on 1.7 clients) Text replaced with signs
- Some Machines Recipes Developer has pushed an update to fix
- Some power levels show as 0, bugging the mcstats command, level up to fix this Fixed
- Website and in-game head statistics
"When will you update properly to 1.8?"
There is currently a DCMA takedown request over at Bukkit, part of the code that powers the server, which means the code is no longer accessible. We have been using Spigot, a fork of bukkit, over the course of servers for a few years now and unfortunately they've been DMCA'd too but are going to fight the case.
I can imagine this has significantly slowed progress, so there's not much we can do but wait. Our alternative is to have a completely blank temporary 1.8 world without any of our features (using the official mojang server, so no plugins), including the link to the website. This opens a whole host of problems and is not recommended, but if you'd like to have this happen feel free to make a poll on the Forum.